A bridge is a structure providing a way across a river, road, etc. It carries you from where you are to where you should be. It translate one from one realm to another.
Colossians 1:14 “Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath TRANSLATED us into the kingdom of his fear Son:”
A bridge translate one from here to there. Every natural man is in Adam. Enslaved by the power of darkness and sin. Controlled and ruled by the flesh (Romans 6:6). The unregenerated man sins at will, he has no option but to follow the desires of the flesh. He is married to the three daughters of Adam the first, they are,
1. The lust of the flesh
2. The lust of the eyes
3. The pride of life (1 John 2:16).
The story is told of a group of soldier fighting a war. They were armed with many weapons but some have afraid and thought of returning home. But as they crossed the bridge that leads them to the battled field, their leader blowed up that bridge and said, ‘Now nobody would be able to return, put your mind in the battle and let’s fight!’. A particular soldier was so consumed with fear, he thought of going back many a time, but realised the bridge has been burned down.
It is the same with some of us. We so cherish our life in the first Adam. Sometimes we wish we could go back. Like the children of Israel, we murmur in God’s ears and tell of all the temporary pleasures we enjoyed in Egypt. Many Christians today have been born again, translated into the kingdom of God but has bluntly refused to burn the bridge that connects them with the devil and sin.
The result is that they continue to live as one not saved in the first place. Their mouth isn’t converted as the speak great smell words (Jude 1:16) and tell all manner of lies. Their mind isn’t change either as they continue in their old style of feeding it with pornographic images and thought. Because their bridge isn’t blowed up, they cross over to their pass sinful habits from time to time.
They are some young today that are plagued with the spirit of masturbation. That disgusting habit! Often they try to get free by fasting and prayers but because the bridge that connects them to this habit isn’t destroyed, they fall into this pit from time to time.
Some of the bridges that connects them are:
1. Watching sexually illicit movies.
2. Listening to romantic and godless, worldly songs.
4. Reading defiled newspaper and magazines that features naked pictures.
5. Laziness towards Bible study…etc.
You can’t say you’re christian and still enjoy listening to worldly music, what sort of christian are you? You still watch and have pornographic videos on your mobile phone. You still attend club night party and drink beer, what sort of christian are you? You tell lies easily without been pricked by the Holy Spirit, you even fight and curse with great smell words. Are you born again? Yes! But you’ve refused to let go your habits and worldly character – Burn that Bridge!
Finally, How do you blow up your bridge?
1. First, genuinely surrender your life to Jesus (Romans 9:10) http://www.needgod.com
2. Kill the flesh by dying to self and giving it over to the Holy Spirit (Romans 12:1, Galatians 2:20).
3. Don’t wish to return when you recall your pass but rather regret for wasting those days in the kingdom of Satan.
4. Pray for the baptism of the Holy Spirit. By developing a personal relationship with Him, your flesh gradually dies!
5. Meet your Pastor or mature Christians for spiritual advice.
6. Constantly Read and study The Bible.
Blessings to you:)