“But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king’s meat nor with the wine which he drunk, therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself.” Daniel 1:8
An unholy christian is a reproach to the church of Christ, a disgrace to the gospel, an alibi for sinner, an unfortunate person, Satan will laugh at him one day.
We must aspire to live pure and holy. Though holiness is not a popular subject today yet without holiness, no man shall see the Lord. You know in some churches today, preachers teach their members how to acquire and get everything here on earth. They say, “You can live in sin and still force your way through. You can bribe your way through. It doesn’t really matters.” Jesus told us – “Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God” Matthew 5:8
The highest goal of a believer, apart from heaven itself is holiness. In fact, it is holiness that qualifies us for heaven, it is what gives wings to our prayers. It is the nature of God for the christian 1 Peter 1:16
WE MUST LEARN TO LIVE PURE AND HOLY
1. God commands us to be holy 1 Peter 1:16
2. Holiness is the beauty of the christian life Psalms 29:2
3. No unholy person will enter heaven Revelation 21:27
4. We must insist on holy living in an unholy world Daniel 1:8
5. We must watch against any temptation to be unholy Hebrews 4:15
6. We must insist on the conscience void of offence towards God and towards man Acts 24:16
7. Sin must not be allowed to lurk in our hearts Psalms 66:18
8. We must follow peace with all men Matthew 5:23
9. A christian must not be conformed to the world Romans 12:2
10. You must follow after wholesome holiness 1 Timothy 5:23
Reflect on this: “The blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sins:” 1 John 1:7
¤Break from any unholy alliance or companionship you know you are involved in.
¤Decide to pray for the truly sanctified heart until you receive it.
Blessings to you:)