Forgiveness is a great experience for a Christian. Forgiveness is a crisis of an experience – whether we are receiving it or we are giving it.
The lesson of forgiveness is one of the lessons we learn in a difficult way (Mt. 18:21-35). However, the lesson of forgiveness is a lesson to learn.
When we forgive others, we are practicing godliness. Forgiveness is an act of God. When we forgive, we are obeying one me the great commandments me God, and we shall be called great in the Kingdom. Forgiveness has great impact on our prayers. Forgiveness is a debt we must not owe others.
HOW IMPORTANT IT IS THEN TO LEARN THE LESSON ME FORGIVENESS?
1. We must understand what the Lord says about forgiveness (Mt. 18:21-22)
2. We must be sure our heart is ruled by love towards our fellow brothers (Rom. 13:8)
3. We must be more interested in covering the sins of our brothers, but speaking the truth to them in love.
4. We must be ready to forgive at all time (Lk. 17:3-5)
5. Always remember how much you are forgiven by God (Mt. 18:23-35)
6. Remember we are not perfect too, and not immuned from the same mistakes (Gal. 6:1)
7. Patiently study the erring and constantly offending brother to see how you can help him.
8. Remember, if you don’t forgive, yo put yourself in a more dangerous situation. (Mk. 11:25-26)
Reflection: “And be ye kind to another, tender-hearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ‘s sake hath forgiven you” (Eph. 4:32)
This week practice forgiveness with everyone who offended you.
Apologise as often as you offend others.
Reconcile with an old enemy, if any.
I love to read your comments. Remain Blessed:-)
- The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong. ~Mahatma Gandhi (bestartsgallery.com)
- “It’s important to forgive.” “What have you had the… (humansofnewyork.com)