This is one of the most popular Psalms in the Bible. It was written by David and it teaches us alot.
1. It tells us that God will provide for us, I shall not want’, our Father in heaven careth for us.
2. It tells us that God will protect us. Wherever we go, the One who is the Omnipresent will see us through life’s journey, isn’t wonderful?
3. It tells us that God will direct us, the Psalmist said the steps of a righteous man are ordered by God.
4. It tells us that God will give us peace. It says, ‘He leadeth me beside the still waters’. Great peace has they that fear God. Jesus is the Prince of peace.
5. It tells us that death will not take hold of us because He (Jesus) is with us. In the face of death, we would sing praises to His name – Hallelujah!
6. It tells us that we would be comforted, I don’t know what you’re going through right now, but be rest assured that Jesus will comfort you, trust in His word. Amen!
7. It tells us that God has anointed us with oil. Oil of gladness to be more than our equals (Heb. 1:9).
8. It tells us that He will send Goodness and Mercy to follow us all the days of our lives. We can’t be molested by demons because we’ve got Goodness and Mercy over us (these are names of our guiding angels).
10. It tells us that we shall dwells in God’s santuary for ever more. It is good to go to church regularly, serving the LORD with gladness and singleness of heart (Heb. 10:25).
1 (A Psalm of David.) The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
Keep the message going! Share and copy this for your pleasure,
From your Brother, Niyi.