Happy New Year to all my friends here on WordPress. The year 2014 is gone and gone forever and if you’re reading this, then you’re among those that has been favoured by God to seeing this year 2015.
Most of us weren’t faithful and committed to God last year, some of you became careless towards spiritual things, didn’t pay tithe, always late to Sunday School or didn’t attend at all. Others weren’t seen at all attending their local Church weekly activities … If you’re in this categories, then you’ve failed God last year.
However, there is room for improvement because this is entirely a different year and it’s still fresh! If you’ve not make any resolutions at all consider reading Jonathan Edwards resolutions, I think they are great.
Three Resolutions Every Christian Should Make And Abide To
Most of us made resolutions to follow last year, but like many we weren’t able to keep to them (including myself). We totally forgot our resolutions even before the middle of the year, let’s pray that this year would be different for us.
1. Resolve to become more and more like Jesus. Let this be your ultimate goal for the New Year. Yearn to see your life conformed to Jesus, let your speech, character, desires, motives … etc, become like Jesus.
“Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus” – Philippians 2:5
” For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.” – Romans 8:29
Phil. 2:1-11, Col 3:1-25, Eph. 2:10, Titus 3:1-15, EPG. 4:1-32, Gal. 5:19-21, 1 Jon. 3:16
2. Resolve to grow in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. The best way to grow in grace is digging deep into the wellspring of God’s Word. Take your daily Bible reading seriously, don’t go on and off like last year. As evil and false teachers flood the world, you must study the word of God for yourself so that you’ll not fall into error.
” But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.” – 2 Peter 3:18
2 Tim. 2:15, 1 Peter 2:1, 2 Tim. 3:16, James 1:17, Hen. 11:6
3. Resolve to be consistent in your daily prayer life. If you’re going to be successful in this New Year, you must develop a prayer life. All other resolutions you make should be watered in the Spirit of prayers and supplication.
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. note xref-1
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
Blessings to you this New Year!
Further Study: Matt. 6:5-13, Col. 4:2, 2 Chronic. 7:14
Download my short mp3 podcast on Speaker
1. Is Your Bible Well Read? http://api.spreaker.com/download/episode/5337029.mp3
2. Avoid It, Turn From Sin … http://api.spreaker.com/download/episode/5342557.mp3
3. Signs of The End Time http://api.spreaker.com/download/episode/5223263.mp3
4. Sin is the mother of hell. http://api.spreaker.com/download/episode/5336980.mp3